It’s been a busy year when it comes to Tucson bicycling. Many new projects have been started or completed in the region.
Here at Bicycle Tucson, we renamed and relaunched the site with the new name and new design. We’ve also published 486 posts in 2014. We’ve has 364,000 visits from 136,000 different people throughout the year.
Here are the top most visited stories of the year:
- Driver who hit pro cyclists gets 7 days in jail
- Video: Cyclist attacked on Mount Lemmon highway
- Video: 25 cyclists cited on Shootout
- Cyclist shot at along Rillito River Path
- Passing a stopped streetcar will get you a ticket
- Craigslist posts warn of violence on the Rillito
- Reports: Tucson’s Gray Wolf dies
- Thief pepper sprays Tucson shop owner; steals bike
- Tucson woman in Craigslist post: ‘Either the bikes go or I go’
- Nails thrown on urban trail
Perhaps the biggest story in Tucson Transportation was the launching of the Sunlink Streetcar and way in which they interact with bicyclists. Check out our coverage here.
As for saddle time, my total miles were slightly above last year with 326 rides totalling 3,700 miles and 339 hours of riding . The bulk of my rides are commuting and mountain biking, which account for the lower milage and higher saddle time.
What about you? How was your 2014 in the saddle? What was the biggest bike story of the year for you?