Post any interesting links in the comment section.
Check out Danny Macaskill’s newest video: Industrial Revolutions
- Sidewalk riding
- Compassion socks
- No “Ridiculous” Car Trips Campaign
- Are Our Driving Skills A Collective Effort?
- Civil Rights Group Demands End to Car-Centric Transportation Policies
- Cuomo Will Sign Complete Streets Bill Into Law
- ‘Bicycle living’ on Alberta Street
- Cleveland looks to give bicycle riders more room on the roads
- Inaugural ride of Slow Bicycle group in Point Clear this weekend
- Conquering the Divide
- Pedicab rules of the road
- Capitol Hill Courier launches intra-neighborhood bike delivery
- Ricky McDonald embraces his race — Leadville Trail 100
- Can Tabloids Save NYC From “Maniacal” Cyclists Terrorizing Brooklyn, Manhattan
One thought on “Link roundup: August 16”
I sometimes wonder what goes through Lance Armstrong’s head when he watches any of Macaskill’s videos. Macaskill exudes 100 percent class all the time — he’s having fun, he’s showing respect for other people and landscapes, he’s all about total beauty on the bike. Lance is a supreme athlete and a generous philanthropist but, particularly in the last few years, he exudes so much toxicity. Maybe it’s that Macaskill is performing what amounts to art and Lance is a competitor, but comparing the two for me shows a distinct contrast in these two people and my admiration goes to Macaskill for sure.
And did this video make anyone else laugh out loud? Particularly the first scene with him riding on the tracks?