Post any interesting links in the comment section.
- Hospital Leader to Know: Kevin Burns, CEO of University Medical Center
- Romance on Two Wheels
- Boy, 10, Damages Squad Car During Tantrum
- President Obama rides a bicycle
- Charity markets its Barrio Bike
- City wants residents to walk, bike more
- DC Region Thinks Bigger for Bike-Sharing
- Design Crime: Bike Inspired by the AK-47
- The bike podcast: Rickshaws and velodromes
- Late Learners: Riding a bicycle — shrieking and pedalling
3 thoughts on “Link Roundup: August 28”
“Design Crime” is certainly descriptive for that bike.
And aside from the “coolness factor” assigned by people who don’t know anything about firearms, the AK is a rather crappily slapped-together “Harbor Freight” style rifle who’s popularity relies solely on the fact that they can be (very) cheaply mass produced by unskilled labor in any third world machine shop. So unless these can be cranked out for a production cost of about $20 each by preteens in some pesthole sweatshop (you know – like the BSOs at Walmart), it’s hardly AK inspired.
Bike lane markings:
Prez needs to raise his seat a little bit.