Post any interesting links in the comment section.
- The Myth of the Bicycle Helmet — Risk Sense
- How does Al Roker get to work? By bicycle, of course
- The Keys to Beating, or at Least Fighting, Climate Change: Bikes, Transit, Parks, Trees
- DA Gascón Erroneously Blames the Victim in Most Pedestrian Fatalities
- Helmet Hair, Begone! We’ve Got 5 Bike-Friendly Styles
- Bicycle upholds Savannah transit dominance
- Bicycle helicopter gets you going
- Boise police make arrest in race team bike theft
- Twin Cities venues are hopping on the biking bandwagon
- Bike Porn: 7 Awesome Innovations
5 thoughts on “Link roundup: June 22”
Bicyclists: The new limousine liberals
Having suffered a concussion but escaped traumatic brain injury (or death) when my head hit the ground (no car involved), nobody will ever convince me that helmets are not essential parts of bicycling.
The author of that helmet piece is mostly (or only) looking for clicks, I think. Playing devil’s advocate when head trauma may be on the line is just plain dumb. I feel his claim of not trying to disuade people from wearing helmets is disingenuous.
Religion, politics and helmets are not things worth trying to persuade people about.
Especially people who don’t bother to read past the first paragraph of a piece. The explanations are really in the comments.
Salon piece, maybe I was having a bad day but it was tough to follow. I get what oit’s about, I didn’t enjoy reading the writing.