I created Tucson Velo in January of last year. The first article went up on January 11 and this post is No. 735.
I’ve covered major events to BAC meetings and everything in between.
I’ve tried new things and learned a lot in this past year and am hopeful 2011 will be even better. Thanks so much to you all for reading and thanks to the sponsors who help make the site possible.
Happy New Year!
Top 10 most popular posts for 2010 (according to Google Analytics.)
1) El Tour de Tucson roundup: Photos, map, links and more
2) Tucson examples of how not to lock your bike
3) Bride, groom and 50 friends ride bikes to wedding reception
4) Strict bicycle enforcement starts today; will focus on dangerous riding habits
5) New commuter bike shop opens
6) Photos: 2010 Mt. Lemmon Time Trial
7) Tucson bike theft caught on video; police drive by as it happens
8 ) Congresswoman Giffords talks bikes
9) Police present at Tuesday Night Bike Ride, several cyclists cited
10) My story: From 300 pounds to El Tour finisher
I think my three favorite posts are:
- Anniversary by bike: When getting there is part of the fun
- Surly Long Haul Trucker stolen in April returned to owner in May
- Bike boulevard fight may come to a head at tonight’s BAC meeting
Do you have any favorite posts?
Lastly, if you want to start the new year off with a bike ride, check out There and Back Bike’s New Year’s Day wine tasting ride. It starts at 1 p.m. and will visit several locations around Tucson. Check out the official event here.
10 thoughts on “Wrap up 2010 and ring in the new year with a ride”
Wild West Ride, and The Headless Hunt!
What is Tucson Bike Beautiful? I’ve been to the others mentioned. Slipped on some ice this morning. Pretty cool to be out riding in the cold. However, when your bike slips on ice you put your foot down instinctively then your foot slips on ice too. Eek!
Congratulations Mike on the one year anniversary of the site! I think I can speak for everyone that comes here daily and say that you have created something special. Thank you for all the time and energy you put into each story.
Thanks Mike for making Tucson Velo THE website for connecting with all the different facets of cycling in Tucson.
Happy New Year and excited to see what 2011 holds!
I’ve got Tucson Velo in my daily rotation. Thanks for all the great features.
Congrats on the site, Michael.
I ditto what Rob, Colby and Psibley said.
My favorite story was about you losing weight by cycling.
My second fave was your wedding anniversary date by bike story.
All the best to you, your family, and all your readers in 2011!
Thanks Mike. I still read this site every day. Great, great site. Happy New Years.
Congratulation and Happy New Year!
(you may want to double check the links as some return “not found” )
Thanks for the heads up. Somehow they were getting extra bits attached to the links. Should be fixed now.
Love your site, thanks so much for all the hard work you do here!
My favorite post was your round-up of all the El Tour activities, it was great looking through all the pictures, blogs, etc.
Happy new year!