Post any interesting links you find in the comment section.
- Dollar-A-Day Bike Parking Arrives at All Edison ParkFast Locations
- Ban puts brakes on bicycle drinking spree
- “New York’s Bicycle Policemen”
- A Boy and a Bicycle(s)
- Burning Man: Bike Repair
- A Portland woman’s bike commuting first: from death spiral to donuts
- Boulder program favors bike racks over Pearl Street parking
- Pedal for Scotland: 9000 turn out in nation’s biggest bike ride
- Wilmette family loves new ‘car-bike’
- How to bike in a city I’m terrified of biking in
- Monster bike would dominate your 10-speed
- Three Transit Villains Exit the Stage in 2010 Primaries
- USC Enacts Partial Bike Ban
- PDX bike crafts find a home at new Bikeasaurus store
2 thoughts on “Link Roundup: September 16”
Police aim for safer biking, walking
Last night, After I was at Whole Food Market, I biked east on speedway, I passed a police cruiser in cherry ave southbound right lane waiting to turn right and there was a cyclist on sidewalk on nw corner (he’s going wrong way on sidewalk) waiting right in front of police car. He does not have bike light and the police didn’t do anything. Then the same police car passed me by… and turned right into 7-11 parking lot to meet up with other police car. Before I passed them , I turned my head to left and saw a male cyclist on sidewalk about to cross Park and no bike light! He was going westbound. Both didn’t use bike lane. So it is limited to this 10 officers involved in enforcement push.
Why can’t TPD tell them that they can pull them over and ticket them since they have free time to chat with each other in parking lot!
2 Wheelin’ in Tucson (this week edition, not last week)