Here are some interesting numbers from this year’s El Tour de Tucson
- 8,695: Official number of registered participants, the second highest in history. The most was 9,120 in the 25th El Tour de Tucson in 2007.
- 74 percent (6,414): Number of people who officially finished the El Tour de Tucson.
- 15: Minutes longer it took for the winner of the 2010 El Tour de Tucson to reach the finish line compared to 2009.
- 2: Minutes behind the winner, the first woman finished. In 2009, the first woman finished 14 minutes behind the leader.
- 11: Number of hours, Jennifer Zhou, the final 109 rider took to complete the course.
- 27 percent: Percentage of women who made up the 6,414 finishers.
- 33 percent: Number of participants from outside Arizona, down from 38 percent of out-of-state riders in 2009.
- 37 percent: Number of participants who call Tucson home.
- 9,543: Number of miles traveled by Lisa Aquino from Cape Town, South Africa to ride in El Tour.